Existing Member?

Life Love & Adventure Follow my journeys around this little blue planet as I tread wearily into unknown waters, sipping on the nectars of ancient fruit trees, grappling linguistics with foreign tongues, and bathing in exotic sensations ...

Mazunte and back

MEXICO | Thursday, 7 February 2013 | Views [828] | Comments [1]

The sunrise was a calming display of nature's own clock, neither meandering behind or racing ahead.  Perfecto!  I thinks my body clock is settling in to the new circadian rhythms of this place, and the simple breakfast I had kicked me off to a good start.  I decide to walk over to Mazunte which is the small neighbour to San Agustinillo.  If it wasn't for some road works being carried out, Mazunte oozes the sleepy hippyville of yesteryear.  Like SA no one seems to be in a hurry to do anything (except the poor blokes doing the hard slog on the roads!), and the fragrant menagerie of yoga retreats, massage and reiki places, organic food shops, and dreadlocked dudes and dudettes, was occasionally broken by the scent of marijuana wafting in the breeze!  But I couldn't find any market place where I was looking for some singlets and souvenirs so I headed back. 

The beach beckoned once again so off came the sweat in a cooling swim.  Living your whole life in board shorts and singlet can't last forever, can it? Lets test that theory, hehe.
 
A lazy afternoon kicked off with a good lunch of pescado empapalado and a corona, followed by more hammock time.  While its still quite warm, the clouds have come in to take the bite out of the sun which isn't a bad thing.  I think all this free time weighing on my shoulders is slowly forcing me to forget the usual daily routines and take each moment as it comes, That's ok, but even though I planned to have no plan, I'm a creature of habit and plans are good, even if you don't have one!  Ok so it might take me a couple more days to learn how to handle this freedom - poor me, hehe.
 
With that in mind, I strolled along the main road through town.  There is only one so that didn't take me long. It's strewn with these small restaurant/bars and accommodation options all a stone's throw from the beach.  I spied one place for sale and that got me thinking, hmmm.  Food for thought at any rate ;)
 
Now the wind has dropped off, the waves are purring to the beat of their own rhythm, and I've filled up on wood-fired pizza and beer.  So as the day started, so it ends, and its time for the hammock once again.

Tags: beaches, mazunte, mexico, oaxaca, san agustinillo

Comments

1

Mate, i'm ashamed of you and all this relaxing. You're on holiday after all and that means busy trips to various places and rushing around in general doesn't it? :) But seriously, it would seem that you're unwinding and starting to see that other parts of life that we more seldom glimpse over here in our daily lives. Clarity and peace. Sounds great. Keep up the descriptive posts (if you're not too relaxed that is). It certainly makes for entertaining reading. All the best and cheers.

s :)

  Steve Watson Feb 7, 2013 2:24 PM

About mattso


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.