Existing Member?

Matt & Mercaders - The World Tour

TRAVEL NOTES – What I've Learnt About Chloe

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 17 January 2009 | Views [804] | Comments [3]

Here is a selection of things that I've learnt about Chloe since we set off. This is an ongoing list so be sure to check back for an updated list. You'll probably find a What I've Learnt About Matt list on your return too.

Chloe...

1. is able to predict the time to an astonishing level of accuracy. Recently, when tested at random intervals, she has consistently been within 4 minutes of the actual, Casio recorded, time.

2. has some form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Inherited off her father this affliction means that my girlfriend has 'routines'. For example, brushing her teeth in a particular order.

3. is scared of butterflies.

4. is incredibly frugal with money. Like today in Mumbai - i've just haggled my way to buying her a t-shirt for the equivalent of 1 pound 20 pence. She was convinced I could have eeked an extra 5p off the lad.

5. has a remarkably powerful sense of smell. A mild odour to me can virtually knock her out. Imagine me taking her to India for a month!

6. ran an insect hospital with her friend Harriet when she was young. "How did you choose the insects?" i aksed "Any insect that we thought needed some medical attention" she replied. "But not slugs... Harriet refused to tend to slugs".

7. had a male aupair named Pascale. He used to iron clothes a lady's nightie

8. had a well documented fat stage at uni. The food responsible: Mars Bar toasties...

9. can do an uncanny aussie accent.

10. has a favourite planet. Jupiter. In her own words "always has been, always will be, I'm not sure why but I do love its big red spot"

Comments

1

Really enjoying your stories guys looking forward to the next one.

  Marie Oct 7, 2008 11:32 PM

2

Awesome! A great article.
But I think frugality and time keeping might be traits shared by all women.

You're right to be scared of butterflies. Hate them. They think they're so clever with their pretty wings and flying ability but they're basically just colourful flies and should be treated like vermin.

  McLellan Nov 11, 2008 7:24 PM

3

I can definitely vouch for 1,2 and 8.

  Dan Jude Mar 25, 2009 5:47 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.