Existing Member?

Mare

CEOS and goldfish ponds

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 1 April 2008 | Views [287] | Comments [1]

So Lindsay and I went to find this Canon store.

And we end up in some business district where there's tons of huge glass buildings and corporate-ness and great landscaping.

I was thinking I was probably about to meet Mr. Canon himself, that's how fancy this place was.  But turns out there's a little service center in there.  I'm not sure if we belonged, but the lady told me that my warranty won't cover international service but I can send it home, or possibly contact Canon and see if they will fix it here.

She said it seems there's a problem with the "front piece" and it's covered by the warranty unless they take it off and see that it was caused by being knocked or something and then it will cost about $250 to fix in Australia (which is the price of the camera).  That may be cheaper at home.

I didn't drop it or anything or even lightly toss it into my purse or anything so I don't think it's anything that I did.

I suppose, call Canon at home if you could for me parents and then let me know what they say...?

And then if they say to I can send it home to you guys?

Let me know!

Love,

Mary

PS why do CEO's and things need good landscaping?  They never look at it.  They are always inside and they dress in long sleeves and long pants so even if they had TIME to go outside it'd be too hot to really sit and enjoy the goldfish pond.  If there are any CEO's reading this, please let me know your thoughts.

Comments

1

didn't I tell you there'd be a 'not in australia' clause? haha

  amy Apr 2, 2008 12:41 AM

About marge


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.