Existing Member?

Buen Camino There is no toilet paper on the road less traveled

Feliz Cumplianos para me

SPAIN | Friday, 26 September 2008 | Views [787] | Comments [3]

Well, here it is !  60 and feeling lonely without my family and friends.  But just had a vino tinto and feeling a little better.  The day started out in the negative.  I was close to Palasde Rei and decided that I had enough.  Dropped in at a small albergue with 20 beds, no meals, but a good hot shower.  The usual day - walk, shower, wash, rest. Didn´t get around to eating again, just a bocadillo of cheese and tomato for the day - just not hungry in the evening.  The albergue was in a historic stone building, and as it turnes out, only 5 people in it for the night.  That is good !  Slept for about 10 hours, the decided to get up early while it was still dark and started walking around 7:00.  After a hard day, I was able to make it to Melide, where I was hoping to get to. A long hard day, and I am ready to pass out, but I must save myself for dinner tonight (not until 7:00 as in Spain that is early).  I am waiting to have some pulpo (octopus) which  I have eaten before in San  Sebastian and I love it.  Then early to bed.  I am in an alberguie with 130 other assorted people. As time passes you ge used to it.  I have absolutely no modesty any more when it comes to showers, and so I was using the open sided ones this evening.  My pod inludes 8 beds, 6 of whom are men - not sure who will snore more tonight.  Tomorrow Iwill be off fo Arzua and getting pretty close to Santiago.  Think I will check into a pension and take a rest day.  I don´t want to get into Santiago on Sunday as it will bve awfully crowded. Decided that Monday would be better, and arranged to meet 3 women from Kansas there.  They ave walked the entire route, and I bow to them.  Can´t believe that I am this close to Santiago - some days I just think I can´t do another day. Note to Michelle:  Every day I hit my comfort zone, and somehow I have been able to step beyond it.  Thank you.  And so to my family - Deidra, thank you for the wonderful note - I miss you and hope to see you soon.  Saw some great shoes this afternoon, but it was between getting them or carrying my clothes for a few more days.  Guess which won.  Renee and Jori - thanks for the encouragement and love -Jori, start taking your Spanish lessons.  Ed - are we getting new plumbing?  What a blessing that would be, and thanks for the buenos bannanas -sounds just like you.  Carrie - please assure mom that I am OK, and will promise to return.  Dave:  I will be using the Diva in Spain story line shortly - take care of the office wile Bill is away and give us all big raises.  To all of my friends and loved ones - MISS ALL OF YOU.  

Tags: the bad and the hungry, the good

Comments

1

Feliz cumpleanos Que pases un lindo dia.
Con amor de Edmundo

  Ed Sep 27, 2008 1:25 AM

2

I MISS YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Im sad that your not here and have tears in my eyes that I cant spend your b-day with you as we do every year. Sounds like you are having fun tho. What do you mean the shoes didnt win?? Have a wonderful b-day and drink some for me. We miss you lots.

Love you

  Daughter Sep 27, 2008 2:59 AM

3

hi! Miss you! I'm enjoying your stories - the snoring one was v. amusing! sounds like the same sort of rude people we see at the track. take care of yourself and we will celebrate your bday when you return! Love, Claire

  Claire Sep 27, 2008 2:59 AM

About lrvajretti


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.