Existing Member?

Adventures in Flying by the Seat of my Pants Conquering Aotearoa One Day at a Time

Whirlwind update

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 10 March 2011 | Views [236]

So it's been a while since I've been able to get online, the internet is very spotty in the Northland region and extremely expensive in Auckland. It really feels like it's actually been weeks since I arrived in New Zealand, and it's startling to think that it's only two weeks ago that I left the states.

I think it was March 1st when I went up north to Kaitia to WWOOF at Gentle World, an intentional vegan farm community whose members split their time between spring/summer in New Zealand and then spring/summer in Hawaii. It was very nice, very peaceful and the food was fantastic! But, I didn't stay there for very long; another WWOOFer and I decided to head up to Cape Reinga (the point where the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean meet and merge), and then head back down south to Paihia and Auckland.

I arrived in Auckland two days ago from the north, and left yesterday to go south. I'm now in Hamilton, staying on a WWOOF for the next few to several days before figuring out whether I'm heading east and then south or just south and then east.

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.