Existing Member?

Adventures in Flying by the Seat of my Pants Conquering Aotearoa One Day at a Time

Auckland Arrival

NEW ZEALAND | Sunday, 27 February 2011 | Views [246]

Surprisingly, wi-fi is much harder to come by than on a beach in Fiji. Who knew? Anyways, I arrived yesterday and this is the first time I've been able to get online. It's a pretty expensive city and I feel like I've already spent a small fortune. 

I've had to switch hostels this morning. The first one I stayed in last night was literally windowless. The employees seemed pretty unsympathetic about this, even when I informed them that no where when booking the room did it mention that it was a closet! They refused to issue me a refund claiming that it was too short notice, even for tomorrow night's stay (Monday night, Auckland-time).

So now I'm in a place with windows, it isn't as noisy and I no longer feel like I'm staying in a freshman college dormitory. A vast improvement. I haven't been able to get a hold of the WWOOF I'm supposed to be traveling to on Tuesday, so I'm thinking about alternative plans.

There are a bunch of photos on my camera, but I'm thinking about uploading them all at once.

Also, when you visit Auckland, make sure you stop by the Auckland Museum! It's pretty amazing.

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.