Existing Member?

Lefra'sJourney2TheStates

more camp stories

USA | Monday, 14 July 2008 | Views [693] | Comments [4]

I have finally made it back on the computer!!

Well not really sure where to start with whats been going on so maybe i'll go from today and go backwards!! Today was an average day, except it's been raining super heavily and currently I am wearing a campers bright pink tie dye effect plastic poncho! It is hot, I do have a photo that will go up eventually!! I know you're all waiting in anticipation!

For this week's activity we're making slime in class, using corn starch and water and a bit of food dye to make it pretty :) this has so far been a success except for the few kids (and counsellors) who do not like the feel of the slime, I find it quite nice :) lol.

I had my third day off on Saturday and the weather was beautiful!! Which was perfect because we spent the day at a national or state park (I think it was called the Promised Lands State Park?!?!). We basically could sit around in the sun (or shade), go in the water, eat, read, listen to music (fortunately someone had the brains to bring a CD player, which was excellent because it wasn't the dance music that the girls in my cabin prefer to listen to!! ergh!! So not a fan of dance music during the day! I got a bit bored of sitting in the one spot, so Jenny (another counsellor) and I went for a stroll to check out the park (there were some interestingly dressed people, that maybe should consider some extra items of clothing!!! At one end of the park there was a small bridge and some people fishing. Jenny came up with the great idea of playing Pooh Sticks, my stick won!!

Friday 11th - friday's are my favourite day of the week aside from my day off as I only have 3 periods of class, I also enjoy Wednesdays, but they aren't as free as friday's. So I don't think I did anything exciting except for start my lessons on making slime which went reasonably well!! Friday Night activity!!! Every Friday night they have performances in the rec hall with everyone watching/performing/complaining/etc, so this Friday was camper counsellor night which involved groups getting up and singing or dancing, the first performance was a cold play song, which I can't remember the name of but it was very very good!!

Thursday - possibly the worst day of the week, as I have two of the worst bunks in the entire camp in period one then two, the bunk in period two has the most obnoxious little bugger who's lot in life is to bully!! Thursday was my day to be bullied; he mocked my "British accent" which I promptly corrected and told him that I am Australian thank you very much!! lol but I refrained from further contest, unfortunately I had awesome comebacks but couldn't use them haha. There is no point competing with a Summit camper. But aside from that my day was just fine, weather included!! Apparently I'm looking tanned :D

Wednesday night was my night off!! So a few girls and I went into Honesdale and did some washing at the laundromat, I'm pretty sure that we won't bother wasting anymore quarters there as the camp laundry people do the washing just fine, we also got chinese takeaway which was really nice it was also good to have food that wasn't camp food!! However I have got a favourite meal here at camp!! At breakfast I eat a bowl of muesli with raspberry bits and a banana chopped up on top!!!! It is seriously the highlight of my day!!!

I'm having a memory block from what I did between Saturday and Tuesday...so on Saturday it was also my day off and it was a trip to a shopping mall in...not quite sure where it was but there were plenty of good shops...they have Gap, Old Navy, Target and heaps of other shops. I went into Target, which was awesome and bought a pair of Mossimo shorts for $20AU. In Australia they would've been worth about $70 or so!!! I basically spent the day shopping by myself, which was lovely because alone time here is impossible!!!

Anyway that's about it for now, I will hopefully be adding more photos up soon, so keep an eye out for them!!!

Hope everyone is well

Talk Soon

Love Loz

Comments

1

Hi my darling lizzie,
So good to see an update and have a phone call all on the same day, cos anything you've forgotten to tell me is probably going to be on your blog. I'm looking forward to that photo of you in tie-dyed pink, I'm sure you'll be pretty in pink. It won't be long and I'll be making playdough, I might suggest slime to the teacher, I love slime between the fingers. Oh I haven't played Pooh sticks for ages, not many people know about Pooh sticks. Sounds like Saturday in the park was very relaxing, away from the hum or boom maybe, of little children.
Oh Lauren Lizzie, a girl who loves a bargain, hey B1, can't wait to go bargain hunting with you, maybe san fran might have a few.
This has been a great blog, can't wait for the next exciting episode in your journey :-) I'm off now to make some jewellery and I'll send you another email soon. Luv you heaps, luv Mumsy xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

  Mumsy Jul 14, 2008 3:42 PM

2

Hey Bloss, i've been quite frantically checking to see when you'd update your blog...having to use a company computer you never know if they'll suddenly throw up some stupid wall to stop the fun! it's so funny that you played pooh sticks, 'cos i've just started drawing a picture of the same thing!! absolutely love the cabin you're in...not!! oww it looks nasty - but i'm a bit of a 'fraidy cat!! i look forward to seeing more photos and reading about your days. love hugs & kisses A.K. xxx

  Kellie Jul 14, 2008 4:17 PM

3

heya lozfraz!! good to hear from you again, i think ive been checking your blog nearly everyday to see if you've written everything else..i do have other exciting things to do with my time, honest..
i had a look at your photos, the cabins look hilarious, like something you'd stay in on..well school camp!!
im intrigued as to why they would supplement oj with protein..im guessing it might have something to do with extra requirements for some of the disabilities?? or maybe they're cutting something out somewhere else!! caitlin said her food is ok but not great..
look forward to hearing another update soon..hope you're having a blast!
lov belfast xxx

  Bel Jul 15, 2008 9:13 AM

4

dont come home, its cold.

although we do miss you very much xox

  Rachel Jul 21, 2008 11:44 AM

About loz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.