Existing Member?

Lefra'sJourney2TheStates

and the chaos continues

USA | Monday, 7 July 2008 | Views [459] | Comments [2]

so the lovely kiddies have been here for just over a week now and have just about settled in. there are still a few who are a tad homesick every now and then but i guess when you've been sent away for at least 3 weeks and you're only 8 years old it could be a bit traumatising...lol

my first week of activities has been ok, some groups enjoyed it and others didn't..i guess you can't cater for everyone so oh well!! but this week should be better - we're using these catapault thingies called trebuchets...they're fun and we throw things..i'm thinking next week we'll make some slime and dye it all pretty colours!!! hopefully they'll like that...

so this week i have seen some interesting behaviours from the campers...firstly i have never seen so many angry children in the one place at the one time, it is somewhat scary, there has already been one camper sent home via a mental institution, sad but true. there is also a girl who is not being sent home despite the campers and the counsellors in her bunk wanting to send her on her merry way...she's had super violent outbursts, which is also sad because she has no control over them because of her condition. and despite the 'bad' campers there are a lot of good campers, who love coming to classes and asking questions (even if they are only about the difference between crayola crayons and some other brand of crayons...lol so overall it is a good experience!!!

I've had two days off so far which have both been equally as enjoyable. the first one was at skinner's falls which mum tells me is one of the most trecherous parts of the delaware river, i went down the tiny rapids in a tyre tube and had no worries!! lol...i'm pretty sure that because the river was quite low that it was safer than it had been in previous years!! it was a good day and the weather was awesome :)

battery is about to die

to be continued....

Comments

1

Hi lizzie,
As any good mum would do, I thought it would be remiss of me if I didn't let my daughter know of any dangers in her future, I'm glad you had fun though. Sounds like you'll be having more fun with the kids next week, dad and cameron could show them a thing or two with a plumbing pipe and a lemon haha!!
Lauren Lizzie,for you to choose to go to a camp that provide for children with disabilities, you have such a good heart and I am so very proud of you, there wouldn't be any school silly enough not to employ you.
Well I hope you're enjoying that beautiful weather cos back home it's freezing, I think todays top might have been about 13 or 14c and rain. brrhhhh!!!!
Look forward to the continuation, luv u heaps luv mumsy
Quote of the day:
If you can't convince them....confuse them.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

  Mumsy Jul 7, 2008 5:18 PM

2

Hi Lauren
Just read your letter, your mum gave me your address today and showed me some photo's. Hope all is going well, and they're now happy little campers. Everyone's happy here - Jonathon started tafe today and loves it, Gem is going to Ballarat on Wednesday to represent Oberon in soccer & Milly is happy as ever. I'm going shopping with your mum tomorrow. Take care and have fun Love Aunty Mezza xx

  Meryn Jul 28, 2008 10:36 PM

About loz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.