Existing Member?

trust, love, and the unknown Ongoing with no expected outcome!

Welcome Home

USA | Friday, 26 December 2008 | Views [7215]

It has been a week since Kurtis has arrived and there are sooo many stories and visions to share. First and foremost I am so lucky to be marrying a man who travels accross the world to see me and just throws himself into the fire to be with me and Kolkatta is definitly getting into the thick of it all.

SO yes, for those of you who have not heard Kurtis and I got engaged on Christmas morning, but before I share that story I have a week of events to unravel in my mind and get down into words.

Kurtis and I reunited at 3:30 in the morning at the airport where i was waiting with a very tired taxi driver for a few hours. Knowing the anxiety of arriving to a new country I pushed my way to the front of the crowd of colorful dark people wrapped in layers and layers of blankets to be right up front of the baracades so he could see me when he walked out of the only exit of the airport. I learned after a while that I could pay to go into the airport and meet him (so it goes in India) and took that option when I saw him wondering around with a worried look on his face afraid to cross the barrier of the comforts of the airport and out into crazy unknown world.

It was mind boggling to be sitting in  "taxi" at 4 in the morning with Kurtis winding through the dark, dingy, dirty, rundown streets of Kolcutta where cows and dogs are roaming, people are sleeping, street fires are fading out, carts and cars and rickishaws are parked, trees are growing around buildings that are practically falling down, and the air is thick with fog and other floating matter. We arrived at the nicest place I have stayed in 4 months - the Ashreen Guest House - were the madness and shocks of India are left at the doorway...a great way to ease into our new country/home as well as each other.

Next Easing in.....

 

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.