Existing Member?

trust, love, and the unknown Ongoing with no expected outcome!

Other Bits and Pieces

USA | Friday, 21 November 2008 | Views [233]

I got to see a Nepalese folks festival. I couldnt believe it though nobody was dancing - execpt for me on the side of course with some children. Beautiful dances and costumes and music from nepal, africa, india. SOOOOOOO incredible.

Went to Bhaktipur which felt like a staged town from the 1600's with motorbikes and stuff for sale.

A day in Pokhara: Hiked up to the world peace pagoda with GM - paul and karens friend, beautiful - then went to water falls, a cave with a sacred natural statue of some god, a plastic cow that milks or pees if you put a marble in a slot for 10 ruppees (totaly weird), saw a tibetan refugee camp with weavers, and water falls. Learned how to cook nepelese food and of course i ate it too:) Also, caneoing on the lake (rowed by a women, which i would have preferred not to have), and seeing an old hindu temple on a island. and some good xmas shopping:)

Children on the trek asking for sweets, ruppees, school pen, or balloon. This hard but after a while you get really annoyed and you start to ignore them and do not feel like they are sweet and cute. AND you have to be careful or they will take stuff from your side pockets. OHHHH and porters, so many porters carrying up the mountains anything from bottles of soda to tables to roofs to chickens to pounds of rice to their old father in a chair having to go to the hospital. AND the women in Kathmandu carrying bags and bags of bricks to rebuild houses while the men stand around and smoke ciggerettes and spit. out of this world.

and too bad it is cloudy today because we were going to go paragliding. i'll have to save it for india and write about it then.

THANKS FOR READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.