Existing Member?

trust, love, and the unknown Ongoing with no expected outcome!

A Day in a LIfe Part 3

USA | Thursday, 25 September 2008 | Views [239]

DOn't worry this one should be briefer:)

The other night I took the family out to eat at a Thai Bar-b-q for thanking them for all they have done and given me. So cheap: 8 people for 890 baht or about $30. It was a joyful time with lots of good food! Pa Puy had a few "Leos" Beers and it made it a little extra silly. I wanted to spend a day trying to figure out how to thank in Thai them for all they have given me and recognize each of their compassionate and genuine hearts (Give a speech) but in the end Noi told me there are a few words I can say that will explain all that " Khap Khun Ja Mua Jai". Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Sometimes we search for a lot of words and over speak our thoughts and emotions. This simple phrase, eye contact, and a smile was all I needed to say for them to understand what my heart feels.

That day, earlier, we did arobics to remix versions of old american songs. We started dancing around and so later that night after dinner I brought down my i pod and we all danced to Michael Franti....then they put on Thai music (very different) and we all danced to that. It went on for an hour at least. We all danced and laughed and played and it was so fun. Pah Puy was passed out in the Hammock:) It felt so good to move my body - its been a month since I danced - and dancing sure is a universal language...and I LOVE IT!!!

Later that night Noi and Boi (24-year-old) stayed up and ate icecream and talked. Boi and I had a good round of hard belly laughing for at least 45 minutes...its contagious between us and that too felt great!!! We talked about differences between cultures and of course everybody's favorite topic; an american wedding.

Last night we rode bikes at dusk and i got to see all the farm land. It was beautiful. Trees, green lush grass, river, sand, plants, flowers, so many different shapes and shades of colors, cows, workers, children and with random of run down houses with the sky turning orange and pick in the background. A nice mellow meal and a movie in American. A great way to spendmy last night here. Tomorrow I head off to Bangkok and then on to the orphanage/school - at least thats what i have planned;) I am grateful for this experience but at the same time I am ready to move on and go back into the unknown.

 website: http://www.baanunrak.org/ check out the links too - more info

Khap Khun Ja Mua Jai!!!!!!!!!!!

...and its been a little over a month since I left; reflections coming soon:)

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.