Existing Member?

trust, love, and the unknown Ongoing with no expected outcome!

A quiet place in Bangkok and other side notes

USA | Tuesday, 16 September 2008 | Views [306]

It can be found...after you take the ferry to the last stop - south - and s ky train and then the subaway and walk a few blocks you can find, amongst all the chaos...Lumpini Park (sp?). I spent some time there yesterday reading and walking around. I saw some sort of prehistoric alligator looking thing ... one alive and one dead:(...and sat under a tree by the big pond and read. I finished a book in 2 days- thats a miracle for me:)

When the afternoon rain came I sought shelter in a chinese decor pavilion and shared fruit with a nice women named Dahlia. After I wandered my way Back anf ate dinner that had some delicious pork in int and some strange shelled fish - like clams extra slimey and extra oceany...not the best of meals..the ladies laughed at me leaving as we said together "No Pork!!!!"

Oh, and a few side notes I tell people my name is Jennifer b/c it sounds much prettier in all the accents - mom, dad, Kurtis - you love it!

I am also going to start telling people I am from EARTH b/c i get a funny look, comment in another language, and a laugh/smirk/poor you response when I say America.... it's true!

Yesterday walking down the street everybody froze all of the sudden it was like a movie on pause and patrol men blocked all the streets of a lots of flashing and nonflashing important cars went by. I was the only "forang" around good thing i noticed and stopped!

OHHHHHHHH and I just ran out of the internet shop b/c i heard a crazy noise it was an ELEPHANT!!!!!! and i got to feed him. I paid 20baht - 50ish cents- for food to feed him. I shared it with the neighborhood kids and i totally fell into a tourist trap but sooooooo worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK Off to the train - 13 hours hmmmmmm - I will wake up in Northern thailnad.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.