Existing Member?

Tales from the Road

Boracay: A Different Perspective

PHILIPPINES | Friday, 13 March 2009 | Views [1126]

Company at Last

I traveled through bus for 6 hours from Iloilo City to Caticlan to get to Boracay where I had company at last. Traveling alone is fun and exciting but being alone most of the days is sometimes lonely.

My friends from the photography club Avery and Henry were covering this year's President's Cup Regatta and I tagged along.

Henry and Avery all geared up

One of the sailboats during the regatta

Boracay Night Life

Boracay stands out from other beaches because of it's night life and several activities you can do there. The island is still alive until around 3am but peaceful during the early morning. Those who love to party will love this place.

Another Perspective

I have been to Boracay more than twice. Though the beach is nice and the place is always busy, the place is not as appealing to me as the first time I was there.

I'd rather explore another side of Boracay. Boracay is an island of activities and not so much of attractions but we found some interesting things in the place other than the beach and the sunset - the wet market, the talipapa and turon (banana wrapped in rice wrapper drizzled with brown sugar and fried in very hot oil - yummy). View photos HERE.

Dream catcher catches the light

Scene at the local market

The Puka Beach

You can view my world nomads Boracay album HERE.

Tags: boracay, regatta

 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.