Existing Member?

This town has all uphills and no downhills... France/Portugal/Spain 2013 SE Asia 2012

Pitlockry Day 2

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 26 September 2023 | Views [59]

We woke up on the later side and had some cereal for breakfast and a pot of coffee before we sat off to do some traveling. Christine had made plans for us which included a nice drive in the country to the Queens View. Apparently Queen Victoria had visited this vista during her lifetime and deemed it the most beautiful view in Scotland. Christine bemoaned the fact that the weather wasn't as nice as she had hoped for the view but it looked iconically Scottish to me! 

We then went to a shopping center called House of Brauch (?) where I tried on some tweed jackets while the others had drinks in the covered cafe. It was a nice place to pass some time. I only bought a merengue which ended up being delicious.

 

We drove home and got ready for our dinner at Victoria's in town. Again Donald and I walked past the train tracks and through town while the others drove. It wasn't far as they live really right in the town. For dinner I had a huge beet and goat cheese salad which was perfect except it's size. The place was very homey but pricey. I think we all had a good time before returning home to chat by a fire 🔥 and I had a little whisky as a nightcap. We stayed up too late talking!

 

Tomorrow we pick up the car to drive to Oban. I'm very nervous about driving.

Add your comments

(If you have a travel question, get your Answers here)

In order to avoid spam on these blogs, please enter the code you see in the image. Comments identified as spam will be deleted.


About lizscar


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.