Existing Member?

This town has all uphills and no downhills... France/Portugal/Spain 2013 SE Asia 2012

Pitlockry to Oban

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 29 September 2023 | Views [72]

So today was the day to pick up the car and drive to Oban. I was dreading it and I guess I wasn't wrong. We woke up early and o had a big granola and yogurt breakfast before we loaded up Christine's car and drove to Perth to pick up the car.

 

The Europcar was easy to find and check in was fine except I didn't know they were going to charge me an extra $300 in case of damage. Oh well. We got a Nissan Jute ? Which was billed as a small SUV but it is pretty small. We loaded it up and off we go.

 

About 30 minutes into the ride we came to a small town and a Range Rover was stopped in the middle of the road- I tried to go around him but as I was not used to having the bulk of the car in my left I bumped him. It was terrifying! This little one lane road was causing a backup so I pulled off on a side street and grabbed my paperwork and walked back to the car. No one was in the car at the time / but the older couple who owned the car walked back to it and greeted me. He looked just like King Charles and was quite nice about the whole thing. His wife said he was going to sell the car soon so he wanted it in perfect condition. I took a picture of his car but could not see any damage. All in all it was very minor but my confidence is driving was shot. I was a nervous wreck.

 

I got a little lost and we finally pulled of the road to go to TJs diner (American Diner in Scotland - Jared's choice) where we had lunch and I had a good cry. Jared and mom had milkshakes they loved. I had a halumi sandwich which was ok.

 

before the diner we turned off and bought a red plant for Christine at a small plant shop in the middle of nowhere.

 

After the diner we drove slowly into Oban without incident although I was very nervous. We parked at the Tesco as I had planned which was even closer than I had hoped. We loaded the bags into the apartment which was basic but warm and centrally located. Perhaps even too warm! We were xhaisted from an emotional day. They slept and I went to the tesco and bought cheese and crackers for dinner. Tomorrow we have a bus tour!!!

Add your comments

(If you have a travel question, get your Answers here)

In order to avoid spam on these blogs, please enter the code you see in the image. Comments identified as spam will be deleted.


About lizscar


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.