Existing Member?

This town has all uphills and no downhills... France/Portugal/Spain 2013 SE Asia 2012

Edinburgh last full day

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 24 September 2023 | Views [64]

We slept and slept - my travel companions were un rousable until 3 pm!!! I was getting annoyed since it was our last full day. Mom didn't want to go anywhere and just stay in the AirBnB - I couldn't tell if Jared cared.

 

Oh and I should say that the water did come back on around half eleven and I promptly took a big hot shower! Hooray! The AirBnB host refunded Hared $200 for the hassle. 

 

finally I got them to agree to go on the hop on hop off bus with the promise that we wouldn't hop off and just listen to the tour. We went around one full time- it picked us up a mere block from the apartment. I liked the bus tour but it stopped at 5:30 so we didn't get to do more than 1.5 turns until the tour stopped. We got off at Hollyrood where I deposited Jared and Mom at a bench and I walked around. We then started the Royal Mile walk (we had ended it yesterday at the castle). Mom had about 2-3 blocks in her before we had to find somewhere for her to sit down. Jared walked into a rugby bar where we had a nice meal and I had a whisky. We stayed there for a few hours before taking an Uber home.

 

I wanted to go out but it was Sunday night and most everything was closed. It was also wet and very windy. Jared agreed to walk to to shops with me but his first step out of the flat he slipped and fell so I went to the shops alone and picked up ice cream and cookies for a movie night. We watched Millions which Jared has remember as Scottish - but it was not. 

we went to bed at a more reasonable hour since tomorrow we need to be out of the Airbnb by 10- it's now 10:54 as I write this and we are still not out. 

Add your comments

(If you have a travel question, get your Answers here)

In order to avoid spam on these blogs, please enter the code you see in the image. Comments identified as spam will be deleted.


About lizscar


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.