Existing Member?

Big adventures for a little sheila on a huge island Who knows what'll happen next?

Blue Mountains

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 20 March 2008 | Views [339]

Blue Mountains

I think the Blue Mountains were definitely one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen, they’re up there with Fraser Island. It’s true what they say about the blue mist which gathers over the place, hence why it’s called the Blue Mountains. We did a fantastic day tour, learning about the history and got to take some amazing photos. We even seen a brown snake, see, I knew I was going to bump into one sooner or later and then a funnel web spider, all in one day. We took a trip up the world’s steepest, vertical railway which was amazing. Even though my friend whom shall remain anonymous bruised the arm of a total stranger after gripping him so tight because she was scared she was going to fall out of the carriage.

Well if day one scared her, that was nothing compared to day two. We went abseiling and canyoning, in the Blue Mountains. Even now, I still can’t believe we did it. It was great. We did a few abseils, ranging from 15-30 metres. Then, we had to jump into massive lagoons or canyons to make it to the largest abseil. As I’d been brave, the instructor decided I should jump first into the first lagoon – backwards. I have to admit, I was scared, but then when I’d jumped, I was absolutely buzzing. We had to do quite a few of those to make to the the 30 metre waterfall, which we had to abseil down. I have to say, I think it was one of the most exhilarating things I’ve ever done. Abseiling down this waterfall, with the water gushing on you, in beautiful surroundings – amazing. Then, you had to unclip your harness and dive into the water below. If I could bottle that feeling, I’d make a fortune. Think I’ve got a new hobby. When it had all ended, we were worn out. My anonymous friend did such a great job at conquering some of her fears and I just want to say, I’m proud of you. You’re a star!!!!!!!!!! I think I’ll add the Blue Mountains to my list of places where I’ve been, not spent anywhere near long enough and am definitely going to go again.

 

About littlepipes


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.