Existing Member?

Big adventures for a little sheila on a huge island Who knows what'll happen next?

Maitland and Newcastle

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 17 December 2007 | Views [263]

My first stop is with my aunt in Maitland. I'm going to be staying here until Christmas and then setting off to Sydney. I'm made to feel very welcome and looked after which is fab. Apart from the fact that I'm gaining about a kilo a day from all her home cooked fudge and icecream. Well I suppose I could gather a good reserve supply of fat for when I start backpacking and can't afford / be bothered to cook.

I haven't really got up to much in Newcastle to honest. Head down to Nobby's beach a few times, but can't get into the water because the waves are too high. I'm feeling very disappointed and like a sulky child at this point - "all the way to Australia and I can't even swim in the sea." I give myself a mental slap accross the face at this point and think of two things; 1) I'm going to be in Australia for a year, 2) At least I'm not in England with temperatures below zero, waking up in the darkness and feeling generally miserable.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

About littlepipes


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.