Existing Member?

here, there & everywhere

Last Minute London

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 22 June 2007 | Views [759]

Well it's been an interesting four or so months in London, but the time has come to spread my wings....starting with a vacation to Florida to visit the lovely Miss Peta Louise Kirby! After a week of sun, drinking, shopping and themepark mayhem, I am flying back to London....waiting in Gatwick for a good ten hours then flying to Belgium where I am travelling for 3 months with Jac, Lau and Dom (3 other Aussies from QLD) after that my Mum is coming over for 3 weeks to finish up my European galavanting!!

So in the past few weeks I have been trying to fit in all the 'London' things that I can.

Richard was over for a few days and was the perfect excuse to go on the London eye - sorry I don't have any pics, a certain someone hasn't e-mailed any to me.

Went on a  night out with the Chesterton crew (real estate agency i've been working for) to Mahiki...it's decked out like a tiki hut...Alice and I went wild with some bottles of wine, but unfortuantely I couldn't last the distance and headed home early via a Large Whopper Meal at Hj's / Burger King...mind you I had to line up outside just to get in for yet another line up!! but was worth it!

    

Had a very Posh High Tea at the Ritz with Nic, is the tackiest place I have ever seen! They don't let you take pics in the restaurant so we outsmarted them and went nuts in the Ladies 'Powder Room'! also took a quick trip to see old Buckingham Palace!

     

Sally from crazy Ayer's Rock had arrived in old London town, so we hit the Roller Disco, for some good times good times!

   

Took a quick visit to my Great Uncle Peters in the Cotwolds for a couple of days...defyed all odds and survived driving in and out of Kings Cross in London! and got to drive really fast on the M40!!

Went to Royal Ascot for Ladies day...was a bit of a washout and Sargeant Cecil did not pull through in the Golden Cup like I would have hoped. But we had a Kiwi stalker throughout the day that kept us entertained!

    

I'm sure I have barely scraped the surface of what London has to offer, but theres always next time!

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.