Existing Member?

here, there & everywhere

Italiano

ITALY | Monday, 30 August 2010 | Views [259]

We ended up in some random part of Italy in the mountains for the night...and in the morning headed for the coast again...we decided on Portofino - just for my Dad...or just to tease him! 

It is a tiny little village right on the coast, that is very 'turistico' it was apparently once a fishing village, but is full of tourists, expensive pleasure crafts and restaurants. We decided to blow our budget and have lunch right on the water. It was delicious pasta! If you think parking is expensive in Adelaide....this place is 10Euro an hour!!! crazy! thats why the place is overrun with scooters!

We headed back to a swimming beach and had a nice dip in the Italian waters (ours are better) and decided to head for Bologna. We ended up in what we assume was a suburb of Bologna and had a tasty pizza..not the one we ordered but good all the same...they also kept trying to give us a 'free' pizza ...but it was seafood! Kurt was happy as the motoGP was on the telly, so he got to eat dinner watching that.

The next morning we got into town early to try and figure out how to get to the Ducati store/museum/factory...which we did - but Italians don't like working in August...apparently so it was all closed!! however we did get a souvenir ;)

Then we headed to Venice..and the rain! we didnt even really get lost  - which I did last time...but St Mark's Square was not just flooded with people but water too...so shoes off and we walked in wet pigeon shit! hahaa! it was entertaining though.

Then up to the mountains again and into Austria....tonight a treat - a shower and a bed in hotel Romantika Post in Villach which is just in the border!

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.