Existing Member?

European Escapades 8 weeks in Europe, get set for adventure...

2008/03 Dublin, Dublin, Dublin...

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 30 January 2011 | Views [269]

Wednesday 06/08
Arrived in Bournemouth, caught the airbus to town and found my hotel. How exciting: TV & a real bed after camping for 5 nights! All the while smiling, ran some laundry through then headed into town. The coast at Bournemouth is east & west cliffs that drop down to the beach with a pier at the centre. Up from the pier is the main town green. Wandered around, had a bite to eat & found a band playing at the bandstand and a candle display beginning to light up the evening.
Thursday 07/08
Another early start, back to Bournemouth airport for my flight to Dublin. The flight was delayed, our plane had not arrived at the airport by the time we were due to board. About half hour behind in the end. On arriving in Dublin, I made my way to the immigration desk, and started to get concerned as they looked quite terse and were interrogating people on the details of the journey. Thankfully I made it through easily enough, and was granted a 5 day visa! Most EU countries grant leave to remain as a tourist for 2-3 months. For some reason I had the idea that the airport was on the south side of the city centre. It's actually to the north. So you can imagine the trouble I had making my way! When I got to O'Connell St I assumed I had gone too far and proceeded to head back... when in actual fact I hadn't yet gone far enough. Eventually made my way on foot to the right district, about 20 minutes walk, then for the life of me couldn't find the street of the hostel! Finally got some directions and found the place, so exhausted! settled in and unpacked then went back out, on the bus this time! Booked myself in for a bus tour of Wicklow county for the next day. It was starting to rain (how odd!) so I went indoors and checked out the shops. First purchase- rain coat!

Tags: beach, dublin

About lissa_05

Sally Gap, Ireland

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.