Existing Member?

Trekking and Traveling

Andes trek

PERU | Thursday, 12 November 2009 | Views [291]

Well we made it.  Our 8 day trek was fantastic, but very tough.  Our guide Miguel was the best and his cook and horseman were great as well.  The first day was mostly downhill but the second day was all up and up and up .....  After 2 days of treking we reached the Inca city of Choquequirau and it was amazing, the photo's won't do it justice.  We spent the next day checking it out and hiking to our next camp site.  2 days of more hiking and we reached the mountain pass just before the town of Yanama it was 4350m above sea level.  The following day Lee - Ann rode a horse to the next pass on the recomendation of our guide which was 4750m above sea level by the way.  2 days more hiking and we reached Aguas Calientes.  The final part of our jouney was near.  The following day we visited the lost city of Machu Picchu and once again it didn't let us down.  Anyway we are now off to Pucallpa to see if we can catch a ride on a cargo boat up river to Iquitos the capitol of the Amazon.  Talk soon.

Les and Lee - Ann

Tags: andes trek

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.