Existing Member?

National Parks Plus

Prep

USA | Wednesday, 17 June 2009 | Views [247] | Comments [3]

Packing can be a chore for a road trip.  Do you plan for hot weather?  Cool weather in the mountains?  Rain?  The answer is yes.  And while I will hotel it most nights this trip, I've got 2-3 nights camping so that means you've got to get the right gear.  This is not a backpacking trip so not necessarily light weight but there is also no need to over-do it. 

I did run by the library for some books on cd.  Two Nevada Barr Anna Pigeon mysteries (murders in National Parks!) and a Stephen Ambrose 15 disc book about the creation of the trans-continental railroad in the 1800s.  Maps, GPS, batteries, I-Pod, XM radio, cooler (need to get that ready) and medicines.  Wow.  I love it.

I even got my cellphone blue tooth ready for hands free talking while driving. 

When you head west and to a little more altitude, the experts tell you to start drinking water early and often.  That means I need to know where the rest stops are!

Yes, I am ready to go. 

Comments

1

When do you leave? Which vehicle are you taking?

  Pamela Jun 19, 2009 12:15 AM

2

I left this evening in my shiny new sleek black Volvo XC70. See the pic in the new gallery along with photos of Crayton sporting his new buzz cut and wishing me well and Happy Father's Day!

  Lee Jun 19, 2009 12:59 PM

3

It's about time you got a fancy ride! You'll look good going across America in that! Crayton's new 'do looks like summertime. What a good looking guy.

  Pamela Jun 19, 2009 11:31 PM

About leebowie


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.