Existing Member?

The Tales of a Pisspot and a Worrywort!

It´s Ibiza Time

SPAIN | Wednesday, 7 September 2011 | Views [602]

So with our food fighting over it was time to lay on a beach and let someone else do the leg work for us... or so we thought, we got to Ibiza 1 hour late which meant we missed our tour group and the free bus to the other side of the island, this wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't a 30€ taxi ride to where we needed to go, so we thought we would be productive and buy tickets to the club that we were going to with the group that night, when we got to the pub where every one was meeting we found out that there was a package through the tour company that got us cheaper tickets but it was too late... and that where the bad part finishes and now it was time to start drinking and having fun.

Lea and I sat with some fellow Australians all in varying states of moving to London, some were on their way, some on their way home and some already living there. We had a few drinks then some more and some more then the bar we were at did free Vodka Red Bull for 3 hours needless to say we came away from that with enough energy to sink a battle ship and were both quite drunk, we continued our night to a club called Space which was 6 rooms of different types of music ranging from fast paced techno to slow mellow reggae and somewhere in between there was a room playing random modern rock all together was a great club and a lot of fun was had by all, until the next morning when we had to wake up, after that much energy drink and vodka no one feels good, so with a splitting headache and a stomach that felt like it wanted to evacuate all its contents Lea and I decided we would go for a walk down the beach this was quite nice however we didn't realise that at 12pm we would be the only ones awake on the island however we were this didn't bother us though it was nice to have some quiet time. After a day trying to get over our hangovers and sitting on the beach we attempted to go out again starting off by going to see the sunset over the picturesque San Antonio bay we continued on to a bar where Lea and I lasted all of 2 drinks (that were free) until we decided that we needed to call it a night (mind you calling it a night at 2:00am). 

After a much deserved sleep we woke to a lovely day the sun was shining the waves were crashing and the bikini tops were non existent (for everyone except Lea who is determined to remain completely covered the entire time... poor effort). We decided that today would best be spent once again on the beach, so we boarded a boat and headed to beach called Calla Blassa a lovely beach that used to be virtually deserted, that was until everyone realised it was deserted and decided to go there so consequently it was fucking packed... oh well, we were there for about 2 hours and then it was time to get ready to go drinking and partying again once again we headed out and once again we drank positively too much but had a lot of fun, bed time was in the wee hours of the morning which wouldn't have been too bad if we didn't need to check out of our hotel... we managed to make checkout by 3 minutes then we had to wait for 6 hours hung over for a boat off the island that hates my liver... in the end we made it out the other side alive, tired and due to the alcohol abuse a few less brain cells, but over all we were fine. If there is one thing we learnt about Ibiza, is that it is expensive! Not only are 330ml bottles of water in the clubs worth 7€ but they use salt water in the taps so you cant refill! Now to continue our journey at a bit of a slower pace.

R&L

 

About leaandray


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.