Existing Member?

where is laura? Live your questions now, and perhaps even without knowing it, you will live along some distant day into your answers. Rainer Maria Rilke

out of Cusco

PERU | Friday, 19 May 2006 | Views [665] | Comments [2]

Well, after some delay, I left Cusco feeling like I did all I could do with my work, but still very sad to leave behind some dear friends, and the nice life I had settled into. Exhausted and a bit sick from the chaos that was the last few days, I cried for a good hour on the bus ride to Puno.... although I can say now, it feels good to be back on the road.

The last few days were relly hectic as I completed a video that will run as a loop inthe new museum, explaining what the organization does, etc. I added english subtitles, reedited a bunch of the images, and added a new spanish voiceover. I thought I would be around to see the new museum open, but all I can be hopefull that when I return, it will be in full swing.

I had a nice going away show dedicated to me at ukuku´s the bar that I frequented to watch my friends band play, twice a week. Had a last minute poncho purchase, realized it was really the only thing I bought in Cusco that is very Peruvian, and sure to turn heads if I get the guts to wear it in philadelphia. and on my last day I finally tasted the special juice at the market, that had come highly recommended.. the not so secret ingredients included: beets, carrots, orange and papaya juice, blended with a raw egg, bottle of dark sweet beer, honey, a bit of milk, and a special dark guey energizer substance.... yummm.

Right now, I´m in La Paz again, tomorrow I´m headed south to the salt flat of uyuni.. lots of pictures and stories to come!

from there I cross the border into san pedro de atacames, chile, where I make my way to santiago to catch my may 30th flight back to the states...

more to come with photos..

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

I am excited for your return. Philaelphia is looking beautiful these days.

  Daniel May 20, 2006 12:31 AM

2

Dude! We can't believe you're coming home next freakin week! But home is only a state of mind, so contemplates Azeen. Come to California soon! Hopefullty, we'll have a place in the sunny mission!! If not, we'll both be back east at different times in August. Que te lo pases muy bien, chica. Ciao!

  aria May 23, 2006 11:59 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.