Existing Member?

where is laura? Live your questions now, and perhaps even without knowing it, you will live along some distant day into your answers. Rainer Maria Rilke

Baños

ECUADOR | Wednesday, 1 February 2006 | Views [985]

tienda with all the local specialities...

tienda with all the local specialities...

From Tena, we headed 4 hours (5 with the delay in the tunnel) to Baños, so named because of the natural hot springs in town...

Everyone in Quito loves this town. It´s easy to see why. It´s very charming, colorful, and everyone is on vacation. Happy families, lots of good food (I ate veg satay and we had our first plate of homefries). The main activities of the town include, going to the hot springs, renting 4 wheelers and cruising in the surrounding mountains, taking open sided buses called chivas to tour the nearby waterfalls, nighttime viewing of the volcanos, hiking, eating, and not checking your email (bc it´s expensive).

well we spent most of the time relaxing, recovering from the jungle, eating well and reading. We did take a day trip to rio verde with some friends we met and did a nice hike to a waterfall, which you can view from a very sketchy suspension bridge that only allows 5 people on it at one time.

overall a good time, not so impressed, but a relaxing time (or should I say, after the group of 10 16 year boys who were staying next to us in the hostal left... ).

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.