Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

From Salema to Sevilla

SPAIN | Friday, 7 September 2007 | Views [890]

We take a fine luxury liner bus after dropping off our car in Lagos, direct to Sevilla, Spain.  We've spent time in Sevilla a few years ago, it's a gorgeous little historical town, with parks, museums, placa's and architecture that's full of culture and history.  We think Sevilla is one of the most beautiful cities we've been to in Spain and would highly recommend it to anyone looking to visit.  The only challenge is that we've arrived at peak season, and there's extremely limited accommodation.  Darrin sits on the corner with our bags, while I go out to hunt for accommodations this time.  Over an hour later I come back.  Most decent "no-star" hostels, under $100/night are "finished or completo."  No rooms available.  I finally find one, a smokey dungeon type of a place with a room with no ventilation.  For one night I think we can deal with it.    By now, thought, it's taken us all afternoon to make it on foot from the bus station to the informacion de touristico office, to a place that has a room... We have a really sad meal at Mc Donald's and call it a night, getting ourselves a bit of sleep before we head off on our bus in the morning to Tarifa.

Tags: On the Road

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.