Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

Back to Thailand

THAILAND | Tuesday, 29 May 2007 | Views [760]

We are back in Thailand, and have made our way up to Chiang Mai, on a cheap Air Asia flight. It's about 100 degrees Fahrenheit, with 90 percent humidity, and we're seeking refuge in an air conditioned guest house finishing up our web content to share with you all from the past 4 weeks of travel.

Now we are back in the land of our favorite cuisine, and continuous eating... It's far too hot to do anything else, so we're taking full advantage of all the delectable street foods once again.

Our plan will be to head up north, check out the hill-tribes and beautiful landscape, making our way across the border into Laos, Cambodia and then into Vietnam over the next two months. Not sure when we'll have another good internet connection, so hang with us until we're able to bring you new adventures and pictures from Southeast Asia over the next two months.

Our biggest observation- while Thailand is considered the land of smiles... We really miss the overly cheerful and friendly people of Myanmar. Myanmar was like Thailand was 10-20 years ago. And while people here in Thailand are friendly, it pales in comparison to the warmth and friendliness we experienced in Myanmar. We're looking forward to venturing outside of cities to quickly get back to basic local life in more remote area that aren't overly commercialized.

Tags: Food & eating

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.