Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

Indian Hair Cut by Japanese Woman

INDIA | Sunday, 1 April 2007 | Views [4133]

Today we had the pleasure of exploring the city with Sambit, Shravani, and their daughter Shubhangi.  On the top of the list was shopping for some local ethnic women’s wear, and Darrin’s need for a hair cut.  Shopping for women’s Indian wear is a bit daunting on your own… never quite sure what to ask for, where to look for it, and how to negotiate.  Shravani is a shark when it comes to finding it and negotiating for it.  I’ve narrowed down my selection, and will make the final purchase decision on Tuesday when we go for one final look.

 

Darrin, on the other hand, was all action.  Shravani found a ladies and gents salon, and encouraged him to go for it.  He paged through pictures of Japanese and Indian men hair styles, not seeing any that he was interested in.  Most of them were a little more punkish and modern than what he was looking for.  We climbed the stairs to the second floor, where the Japanese hair stylist woman was awaiting Darrin’s big head of hair.  After much debate and interference from Shravani and I, advising the hair expert of how she should do her job, she finally just looked at Darrin and said “this much off?” and he said yes, and she cut away.  The haircut was one of the better ones he’s had, and even better, it was only $4 USD!

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.