Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

Simple Pleasures… Paradise @ $300/month

INDIA | Thursday, 15 March 2007 | Views [737]

If we never got jobs again, and needed to live the good life, I recon we could move to Goa and live here for years.  Our very simple bamboo huts are 500 rupees a night; that’s $10US.  The food is exceptional, and costs maybe upward of $3-5USD a day for us both to eat three meals with beverages.  The showers are cold, but at 35 degrees Celsius, who needs hot water?  The mozzie net keeps the bugs out, and the ocean… yes, there’s actually surf- small, but it’s ride-able.  Too bad the sport hasn’t yet expanded here, and there are no boards in this town to hire.  The ocean temp is warmer than Costa Rica water… it’s probably close to 40 degrees Celsius.  There are dolphins cruising up and down the coastline, and the mornings are just cool enough at 7:00am to squeeze in a quick beach run.  Each morning, I have the beach yoga platform all to myself; occasionally a beach friend will join in.  I still haven’t been able to convince Darrin to join in on an early morning yoga session; that’s work in progress.

 

The beach life here is peaceful, the strip in front of the hotel is not very touristy, and the sun beds under the palapalas are well serviced by the bar boys.  Life is good, and this is the perfect place to settle for a while to reflect.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.