Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

Another Day of No Show for the Torres

CHILE | Saturday, 12 January 2008 | Views [1713]

Up at the sound of our watch alarm, it's now 4:30 a.m., it's still windy, rainy and the Torres are again socked in.  We sadly go back to bed, upset that we'll not have a clear day to capture good photos and see this remarkable formation that adorns covers of National Geographic magazines, and books on Patagonia.  We really need several more days to buffer the bad weather and have a better chance to see everything.  Then again, we could stay here for two weeks, and be unlucky with weather, it's just so unpredictable.  So we have a leisurely breakfast in Refugio Chileno, and start back down the pass on our very short two hour trek to catch our bus.  Around noon it seems like the clouds might again clear, but then another storm rolls in, sealing our fate that there will be no showing of the Torres on this trip.  We are happy to be back in the warm comforts of Erratic Rock II for a last evening, and reward our 4 days of trekking and camping to a traditional Patagonian lamb parrillada at a local restaurant.  

 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.