Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

I Believe We've Died and Gone to Heaven: Pucon

CHILE | Sunday, 23 December 2007 | Views [1153]

The sun slowly sets, igniting the clouds into flames of red, orange and pink, illuminating the snow covered perfect "cone" of Volcán Villarica.  As the sky turns dark, a red glow replaces the plume of smoke once visible from the active, yet sleepy giant.  Over the mountains a huge glowing amber moon rises above, illuminating the snowy volcanic cone, causing it to reflect and sparkle under the night sky.  Pucon is set amongst the most dramatic and beautiful landscape.  Crystal clear lakes, towering mountains, black volcanic sand beaches, smoking snow capped volcano, national parks full of adventure and outdoor and sporting fun.  Wood cabins and alpine lodges line the streets.  Multicolored rose bushes and finely manicured lawns create a postcard perfect mountain town.  It a buzzing ski town in winter and a hopping hot playground destination in the summer for Chilean, Brazilian, Argentinean and European tourists.  

From our B&B we have a second floor room surrounded with windows catering to the panoramic views of the mountains and volcano.  We sit here on our deck sipping a good bottle of cabernet that we bought at the Gillmore Winery in Maule Valley, thrilled that we've chosen Pucon to hang out in for the next 4 nights... which will make a very memorable and picturesque Christmas.

Tags: places

 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.