Existing Member?

Dalama Adventures Tale of two corporate types ditching their jobs and traveling the world for 14 months... check out all photos, blogs & interesting tid bits at http://www.dalama.net

The Most Recognized Global Brand

PANAMA | Friday, 26 October 2007 | Views [3879]

What truly makes a brand global? Is it that the product is available and consumed everywhere around the world, and is widely recognized globally? When we think of global brands, Coca Cola is the first that comes to mind for us... it's visually everywhere in all the countries we've been to - logos and slogans painted on buildings, coke bottles lining the shelves of tiendas and restaurants, children guzzling the stuff. Mc Donald's and KFC follow closely behind. The brand, however, that we see even more frequently than any of these - literally everywhere from Asia to India to Europe, Egypt, Central and South America, and even in the South Pacific... people young, old, traditional, modern, poor rich... they all wear hats, t-shirts, jackets, bags, with the logo... NY Yankees! Even in countries and rural areas where there are no TV's, or even if there are TV's, there's no cable to broadcast a baseball game. People around the world, most of them avid soccer (fútbol) fans, proudly wear their NY Yankee clothing. How have the NY Yankees become such a recognized brand globally? This phenomena just amazes us, and I wish I had started surveying people in each country. When I do happen to ask someone wearing the emblem about the Yankees, pointing to their hat or shirt emblem, I just get a really confused look in return, and so I guess NY Yankees is equivalent to a "designer label" fashion, but those who wear it don't really know about the team, nor the game... muy interestante!

Tags: Shopping

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Panama

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.