Existing Member?

Loving life. Living Life. Doing life. Some are just waiting for the fish to bite; or for the wind to fly a kite; or a pot to boil, or a better break; some are just waiting for a string of pearls, or a pair of pants; a wig with curls, or another chance.... Everyone is just waiting (it seems)

It's all about people

ZAMBIA | Monday, 6 February 2012 | Views [316]

Our lives are filled with social situations and exchanges of communication with other people. Whether it be a quick exchange at a petrol station, or a long lasting friendship that lasts years - it's all about people. There are those that are said to be 'more social' than other people. The thing about people is this: their presence in your life will either be positive or negative. Your Presence in people's lives will either be negative or positive. It's up to us to decide how we choose to hand our social situations. 

In Africa, most people rely on the informal economy to make their living - meaning that they may not have a form of employment that is registered - but they are creative (some would say scammers) and always finding ways to support their living. Like the kids who I buy pineapples from who come around door to door. Or the youths selling deep fried, fatty doughnuts on the side of the road (a wonderful treat when the stomach is grumbling), or the young children playing socccer on my afternoon walks - we always high five one another and do a thumbs up. This seems to be followed by giggles and someone stroking my arm and poking me in some manner.... although not selling goods to me, always put a smile on my face every time we exchange a communication. 

There is one relationship I must not omit to mention. The one I have with my husband. Yes, my marriage is new and I am learning every single day about marriage. However, beyond what societal norms are, or what people's expectations are and as sure as Kilimanjaro rises over the Serengeti, my love for my husband is strong at the setting of the sun each day, I thank God that I have such a wonderful man in my life and that my series of exchanges with people led me to James - to the most wonderful man in the world. 

About laura_jane


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Zambia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.