Existing Member?

Let Large Two recently married Tasmanians, flying to the US, with ambitions to buy a bb gun at walmart, be stars in LA by wearing sunlasses indoors, re-marry in Vegas, pack an artery with creole cooking in New Orleans, and determine whether America needs saving

New York: Breakfast with Jerry Seinfeld

USA | Tuesday, 5 April 2011 | Views [882]

While in the Brooklyn Diner, and after Jasmine and I had just argued about why you would bother about asking the barely english speaking waiter for his opinion on which breakfast he would recommend: the oatmeal or the fritata, Jasmine leans towards me and says "is that Jerry Seinfeld", and nodding to the guys of my left.  I didn't even look and said no completely outright.  I would know if Jerry Seinfeld was sitting 3 feet away from us.  I after all owned all 9 seasons of his show, and spent countless hours recalling famous lines from it with friends throughout the years. I know what Jerry Seinfeld sounds like.  It just sounds like him that's all, Jasmine reiterates to me.   Let me be the judge of that I think to myself, and look over at him.  Holy be-Judas, it was Jerry Seinfeld.  It was actually him. We sat right next to Jerry Seinfeld and ate breakfast for the next half an hour with him right there.   I had a lot to drink the night before so I think that was why I was shaking, but who knows, it may have been my sudden onset of nervousness.  Anyway, we did our best not to look at him too often, and pretend not to notice it was him, while all the time talking about him and shooting glances over.  
He was there with a few other friends. He laughed uncontrollably at Charlie Sheens Torpedo of Truth tanking, and that in itself was amusing enough. No honor among thieves.  Listing to him, was like watching an episode of the show, except with more swearing, and less of George accidentally puncturing his own crotch with a biro.  

About largeone

Pub

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.