Existing Member?

Let Large Two recently married Tasmanians, flying to the US, with ambitions to buy a bb gun at walmart, be stars in LA by wearing sunlasses indoors, re-marry in Vegas, pack an artery with creole cooking in New Orleans, and determine whether America needs saving

YES WE ameri-CAN

USA | Sunday, 6 March 2011 | Views [1462]

Have a nice day

Have a nice day

Is it of any surprise that America was wrongfully named by a cartographer after the Spaniard ‘Amerigo Vespucci’ ahead of ‘Christopher Columbus?’  Based on this fact alone, is it of any wonder that 34% of Americans who purchase a Big Mac meal from McDonalds ask for a diet coke as the drink?  Or that one in 5 adults believes that the Sun revolves around the Earth?

Probably not.

In a nation where a pizza makes it to your door step faster than an ambulance, how is it that that automobiles, aeroplanes, and electricity distribution, were invented on this seemingly troubled land?

Is it the entrepreneurial spirit which makes this country the half-baked disaster that it appears to be.  Or perhaps with such a melting pot of nationalities, it was simply bound to happen.

Jasmine and I will be travelling the states for one month.  I want to know if I can purchase a BB gun from Walmart – no questions asked.  I want to know if barbequed chicken and waffles really are a match made in heaven.  I want to find Sarah Palins brain – reported missing and difficult to find due to its miniscule size.  I want to know if the hooters girls really will eat beans off a plate with their hands tied behind their back.  And Obama willing, I want to know if there is any hope for the United States of America. 

One way or another, we’re going to enjoy finding out

About largeone

Pub

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.