Existing Member?

Let Large Two recently married Tasmanians, flying to the US, with ambitions to buy a bb gun at walmart, be stars in LA by wearing sunlasses indoors, re-marry in Vegas, pack an artery with creole cooking in New Orleans, and determine whether America needs saving

Cat Pho: How long does it take to skin a cat?

VIETNAM | Saturday, 30 May 2009 | Views [5867] | Comments [10]

3 minutes I'm told, and 5 if you want it de-boned.  Meat and noodle soup are a staple Vietnamese dish, and although dog and cat Pho restaurants are not common, they can usually be found on discreet narrow streets in Hoi An.  Menus don't exist in restaurants like this. They bring your ingredients to you.  They also offer a quite detailed history of your chosen meat.  For instance, my cat was 6 months old, called Mitsy, fed on corn beef but predominantly food scraps, had been  with the owners of the resturant since birth, and came with a certificate of authenticity.  The price of a cat pho can be anywhere from 15,000 to 30,000 dong - depending on its history, and tastes best served with corriander and lemon grass. 

What happens to the rest of the cat?  What do you think your pho broth is made from? 

Bon appetit!!

Comments

1

wtf is wrong with you, you sick bastard.

  STFU May 30, 2009 5:25 AM

2

Hi Adrian and Jasmine,

Great entertaining blogs so far - keep it up! As for the cat: good on you, and pay no heed to the fella above. What hope of understanding a culture if you don't spend at least a fraction of your time behaving like them? So in answer to his question: nothing is wrong with you.

Bye for now, and rest knowing that your house is secure, and your mail is being collected (and discreetly opened and resealed),

Mick O and Carlie.

  Mick and Carlie May 30, 2009 2:00 PM

3

Oh yeah, two more questions:

How many different ways are there to skin a cat? I'd imagine just one really.

And did you get room enough to swing the cat?

Mick.

  Mick O May 30, 2009 2:02 PM

4

I thought the bit about the certificate of authenticity was suitably stupid enough to give the game up. Obviously, I was wrong.

  Adrian May 30, 2009 6:36 PM

5

...thanks mike for picking up my mail.

  Adrian May 30, 2009 6:37 PM

6

Yes wtf is wrong with you, you sick bastard.....CLEARLY the remaining cat bits are lovingly scooped up into a big plastic bag, cryovaced and sent over to Four and Twenty Pies Co. in Oz.....pho broth, indeed!

  Heath Jun 1, 2009 1:27 PM

7

Clearly!

  largeone Jun 1, 2009 4:33 PM

8

Hey largeone,

We really liked your story and decided to feature it this week so that others could enjoy it too!

Happy travels!

World Nomads

  World Nomads Jun 9, 2009 10:50 AM

9

what a heck is this? and where the hell is animal ethics? im sure you followed those in your own country and who cares where it is.

  t Nov 10, 2009 4:25 PM

10

Wrong! It takes 2-3weeks to bypass World Society for the Protection of Animals. and 4-5years of slaming from the internet community.

  Henry Dec 31, 2009 5:49 PM

About largeone

Pub

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.