Existing Member?

Let Large Two recently married Tasmanians, flying to the US, with ambitions to buy a bb gun at walmart, be stars in LA by wearing sunlasses indoors, re-marry in Vegas, pack an artery with creole cooking in New Orleans, and determine whether America needs saving

Vietnam: How many mechanics does it take to tighten a wingnut?

VIETNAM | Monday, 25 May 2009 | Views [1002] | Comments [2]

wingnut

wingnut

Probably just one.  After speaking to the hostess at the boarding gate who explained to me that the reason our flight was delayed was because the front wheel gear was loose, I didn't know if I should point out to her that 5 mechanics were crawling all over the starboard engine like monkeys on heat. 

Once I told her to turn around and look out the window she promptly disappeared, and our flight was delayed for a further two hours. 

Comments

1

Very funny. And you still got on? Sounds much like it was 20 years ago when they were flying Russian commercial aircraft and when you boarded at Bangkok, all the planes were in a corner of the airport far away from anyone else ... just in case something went wrong!

  simon_monk May 25, 2009 11:42 AM

2

Yes I got on...eventually. The plane in Singapore was delayed due to technical failure, and the same again from Hochi Min to Hanoi. Jetstar...when you pay peanuts to use them, it goes with the territory I suppose. Actually, I thought they would put us on another flight...but no...we were left to cross our fingers and toes that they didn't put the engine on back to front.

  largeone May 26, 2009 2:59 AM

About largeone

Pub

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.