Existing Member?

Sushi and Chips I do most profoundly believe that it is better to search in the maze and risk getting lost than stay and be in a cheeseless situation...i am thus off in search of some damn good cheese!

My third date with Japan (hey hey!)

JAPAN | Sunday, 28 June 2009 | Views [697] | Comments [1]

Ok, hello. I’m going to be all post-modern now and blog about my insufficient blogging. Wooo- using my degree! (I feel like this is a fairly unique statement in the current climate- go me!)

So. No blogging. Well, I’m afraid to say I’ve done the very common thing of falling in love and disregarding all things that are not directly related to the object of my affection. I have become a bad friend. My apartment needs cleaning. I need to buy food. I am totally immersed in fantasy world with little desire to return to reality. I have fallen hook line and sinker in head over heals can’t live without you love with Japan.

For a while we were casual, dating, getting to know one another. I was playing it cool you know, keeping my head. I have no get out strategies with this one-I’m can’t fall desperately in love and know I can leave in a month if it all goes wrong. I have to be in this for the long run. This is serious, grown-up stuff! Then it all started fitting into place, I planted rice, I found a four leaf clover, I kayaked to deserted cliff beaches, I got in a minivan with 8 men shouting beer at me, I heard backstreet boys at school, I played capture the flag, I ate flowers, I cooked, I sang my heart out for 7hours, I ate sushi from a train, I saw a crazy starry night and felt an earthquake or two (No pun intended!).  

So, sorry, I’ve been gone living in a bubble- kinda like a snow dome. I feel like some kid has picked me up and not stopped shaking for a good two months and anything or anyone that wasn’t cemented to me has gone fluttering off. I grabbed on to a fair few things at the start but then my arms started to ache, so I just let go. I’m sorry. But I have faith in those people and those things and hope they will come back to me when the kid has sodded off and my love bubble has popped. 

But for now this is all the world I need. When I was driving home from work at my favourite elementary school the other day, and I’d just had a great lesson then a good old chat (in broken English) with the principle over green tea and cake, and it was boiling and my windows were down and I had to turn my music up to hear it over the chanting of the bugs, and the mountains were green and all the little old men and women were out working in the fields, I thought, this is exactly what I wanted.

This is exactly where I want to be.  

This is love. 

Tags: bubbles, chanting bugs, love, rice, snow domes

Comments

1

So proud of you, go girl !! Grab life, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise would be a good thing to do. Love you lots, hope to hear all about your newer travels.
J.xxx

  Aunty Jen Jul 22, 2009 9:34 PM

About ladydowse

great view!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.