Existing Member?

Sushi and Chips I do most profoundly believe that it is better to search in the maze and risk getting lost than stay and be in a cheeseless situation...i am thus off in search of some damn good cheese!

Let's enjoy Jess!...and other random objects...

JAPAN | Sunday, 26 April 2009 | Views [772]

Some things that happened this week in the Japanish world of Jess:

After an alcohol fuelled cherry blossom party with my board of education I have now added a few more unmentionable meats to my ‘consumed’ collection, a new father who owns a bar and will be serving me G and T to my hearts content next Friday (sorry Dad, but that’s a tough one to turn down), and the nickname Hanako…because, in broken English, ‘jeshca not good name’.

I found a refreshingly honest brand of chewing gum called flavorno.

When, in our world full of signifiers, signs and social constructs, is it ever ok, morally sound, hell even a basic instinct to press a giant red button in a metal box stuck on the side of a building. I hear you all say ‘never. You total numbskull’.  Well… So, I’m there in my car waiting outside of one of those insane car parks where you drive in and leave your car on a lift and then it gets hoisted into the heavens and stored in a sardine-like fashion and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to make the doors open. So, like a woman driver, I call for the men. What do they do? Like total apes who have clearly been sheltered from all social conditioning…they press the sodding big red button. Then leave. Well there was chaos. Flashing ‘stupid gajins’ on the screen, alarm noises, the ‘how to save the car park from annihilation’ manual, 3 different sets of keys…bowing…lots of bowing…30 minutes later and lets just say half of the hotel staff had had my sincerest apologies. Then when we go to leave, aforementioned ape decides the fire escape must be the route…luckily I wasn’t seat-belted still at this point and managed to save us from humiliation number two. This is the cheapest place in town I hope they let me back!

I drank Calpis…say it….there you go! Hahahaha!

Once again made friends with a random westerner in the middle of the night that I found on the street (I love how this isn’t in any way sketchy here!). We went to Mr Donuts for late night coffee and swopped stories about confusion. Then, rather topsy-turvy like, went on to the smallest taco restaurant on the planet where the options were, as the Japanese owner told us, silly mild, ok medium and stupid hot. This place is one to remember, they sold corona and had Kelly Clarkson playing (admittedly this sent me a little over the top and me and new-found friend karaoked into our tacos with a gusto I think the lady herself would have been proud of!) This was one of those nights where I felt I could stay here forever.

Bought ‘I’m a badass teacher’ beer from the local supermarket but felt bad because there was loads of kids around so tried to cover it using uber moral strawberries and ‘I’m so lonely and lame I just stay at home and eat’ chocolate chip cookies.

Made a rookie error when I bought a CD based on the merits of it’s name and cover art…these are the word for word lyrics of my favourite song that touched my heart…in a metaphoric, profound way…

        Looking for my Kitten, Doesn’t she shake with cold.

Looking for my kitten. Where are her whereabouts?

Looking for my kitten, because she loves sweet thing.

Looking for my kitten. She should be by my side.

I understand in reality, she is good at sheltering.

I understand in reality, she has good sense of direction.

I could go on…but alas, I fear you would die of extreme happiness…

I experienced my second earthquake last night…quite amazingly, mid saucy scene in atonement…I was like, bloomin eck they weren’t kidding when they said this film was moving!

And I will leave you with a beautiful message I encountered today- Let’s enjoy tampon times!

Tags: bad music, fatal errors of human judgement, tampons

About ladydowse

great view!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.