Existing Member?

Europe or BUST I am going to Iceland for 21 days on a volunteer expedition in east Iceland, actually. I will be donating my time to do organic farming with my workcamp. After that I will be on my own to backpack around Europe. Feel free to send me messages !

SEEDS - DAY 17 - 9/17 - DRIVING BACK TO REYKJAVIK, STOPS ALONG THE WAY

ICELAND | Sunday, 20 September 2009 | Views [284]

When I awoke a few hours later I still had tears in my eyes.  I cried to myself a little more but then pulled myself together and shook it off.  The sun was finally shining, the sky was perfectly blue and everyone headed to the breakfast table, my eyes still bloodshot.  We had our last barley bowl and then we all gathered outside for a group photo.  I will certainly miss the few friends I became close with, especially Lilya.  Last night she was fun to be around, we danced, partied, drank, it was awesome ! I sold beer, most of it all to the new people and to my camp people.  The bonfire was perfect, and huge.  
    Lilya told me a few things about my music, but before we were interrupted a brief moment after.  She said that she really likes what I do and wants me to pursue my passion during my travels.  I will :-)
    We've been on the road for nearly 7 hours and we just stopped at Vatnajokull, Europe's largest glacier.  MAGNIFICENT !! I can't fucking wait to get to Reykjavik.
    We arrived finally ! dropped everyone off at the hostel and said our goodbyes, they were short and sweet.  Bye bye!

 

 

Travel Answers about Iceland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.