Existing Member?

Europe or BUST I am going to Iceland for 21 days on a volunteer expedition in east Iceland, actually. I will be donating my time to do organic farming with my workcamp. After that I will be on my own to backpack around Europe. Feel free to send me messages !

SEEDS - DAY 14 - MONDAY 9/14

ICELAND | Tuesday, 15 September 2009 | Views [382]

It is a fair day, nothing more than harvesting potatoes all day long. My energy level is pretty low, I would contribute it to not consuming any kind of protein regularly. Although I am taking vitamins everyday and eating a substantial amount of carbohydrates, I'm still not getting the protein that my body needs. I fucking hate being vegetarian man although I love to eat it, just not everyday ! For lunch the Italian team, Luca and Francesca made pizza (YUM!), pasta and bread; I haven't had pizza in weeks. Tonight for dinner the Germans will be making salad, applesauce and something else (it's still not quite dinner yet, I'm writing this in real time). Tomorrow I'll be in better spirits because I know that Thursday will be here soon enough. When I return to Reykjavik I will stuff my face with so much meat, I'm dead serious. Maybe more whale meat? perhaps I'll grab some Thai food, I dunno. I'm also feeling a little randy after two weeks of nothing.

Tonight, Lilya had set some special time aside for me so she could give me a tarot card reading.  It was truly special, and very on point, she and I have that special connection and I will miss having her in my company when I venture away from Iceland to continue on with my fantastic journey around Europe, and the world.  After all that was said about the reading, the emotional dust and dirt of my mind and soul is now settling...thank you Lilya.

I was blessed to witness the Northern Lights tonight dancing across a diamond studded sky, the curtains of night. I've never seen anything like this in my life....it was the perfect night cap to a most spiritual evening.  Thank you Iceland, thank you.

<3 Josh

 

 

Travel Answers about Iceland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.