Existing Member?

KPowintheworld

Across the border, hello Vietnam!...Maybe?

VIETNAM | Wednesday, 26 March 2014 | Views [396]

Our trek to Vietnam could've been nicer. Turns out the tour staff had accidentally (?) switched the amounts of time we'd be on the bus/boat across the border, so that instead of an hour on a bus and a few on a boat, it was the opposite and therefore much less enjoyable than promised. We were also a tiny bit hungover and sleep-deprived, so when we finally arrived we accepted the first offer of accomodation available, the floating hotel we docked at in Chao Doc, Vietnam. We weren't meeting our future couchsurfing hostess in Ho Chi Mihn for a couple of days so we decided to spend some time relaxing in this small town.

That'seally the end of that story, we relaxed, explored a bit and realised there wasn't much to see. We tried to find some local food but there just weren't really people at any of the places so ended up at our hotel restaurant. There's apparently a nice mountain nearby...but we didn't get around to it. We didn't quite feel like we were in Vietnam yet, just kind of in transit still. Onward to Ho Chi Mihn!

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.