Existing Member?

My Treasure Box My tresure box is full of friends who were once strangers, unexpected beauty upon the path and those who travel with me in the suitcase of my heart. These treasures have brought more meaning and beauty into this wonderful life God has given me.

Highlights of Australia

USA | Wednesday, 17 February 2010 | Views [120]

Our time in Australia has been good.  We have been blessed with the meeting of many wonderful people and have spent time in beautiful places, places that seem safely tucked away from the demands of humanity (and the industry of tourism).  We landed in many small communities, still tightly knit together and they welcomed us with open arms, as if we were visiting home.  We went to many markets, enjoyed the talents of several local musicians, ate the freshest and tastiest bananas we've ever had, watched the sun set on a mountain road, the sun rise on the beach.  We camped nearly every night under a star-filled sky, gave thanks often, swam in rivers, creeks and the sea.  Encountered 100s of green tree frogs during a crazy storm in the rain forest, watched kangaroos in the evening sunlight gather in the grassy fields, stood under a waterfall surrounded by rainbows on the edge of a cliff dropping down into a valley as deep as the Grand Canyon, but filled with trees in the Blue Mountains, hitch hiked long distances, enjoyed fellowship at Life church, where my faith grew tremendously 3 years ago, helped make didgeridos and enjoyed morning coffees in a tree beside a creek.

Now I'm on a train heading to the airport, about to fly to KL, Malaysia.

The past 5 months have been easy-living-no time, no obligations, no worries, beautiful people and places, days in the sun and nights under the stars.  SE Asia is going to be a whole new adventure-new religions, languages, customs, histories-everything.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.