Existing Member?

My Treasure Box My tresure box is full of friends who were once strangers, unexpected beauty upon the path and those who travel with me in the suitcase of my heart. These treasures have brought more meaning and beauty into this wonderful life God has given me.

For the Ocean

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 28 November 2009 | Views [312] | Comments [2]

I look out to you and see myself in you.

In the morning I awaken to your voice.

All day long I hear your calling.

The music that you make has lured me into deep peaceful rest and your mysteries and vastness have left me looking deeper within myslef.

Searching to better understand the language of my heart, the desires of my soul.

When you are calm it mellows me and quiets my thoughts.

When you sparkle under our sun and moon I'm reminded of the beauty in the creator's touch, both inside of me and in all things in the world.

When your voice raises and your pounding loudens I am left thinking of the wars going on inside of me, the fears, doubts and loneliness.

But your rhythm is always changing and constantly telling me to just move with the rhythms inside of me, watch them and learn from them as I am watching and learning from you now.

Comments

1

It's nice reading you, maybe see you soon somewhere in aotearoa.

  Adrien Dec 1, 2009 10:06 AM

2

hi katie,

the charity group i work with here in dubai is looking for a project. the two we had planned to work on this winter break have both fizzled out. i was wondering if you had any tips you can give us on how you found all the places you're planning on working at in exchange for room/food/etc. is there a website you used that lists volunteering opportunities?

i've been following the blog and your trip sounds amazing and i have to say, you are a very good writer.

  jim Dec 5, 2009 1:52 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.