Existing Member?

Chumleys tales across the globe

A night in the bathroom, piss in a bag and freezing to death on a bus!!

INDIA | Thursday, 22 December 2011 | Views [1431]

Soo...its taken me a wile to write on here again due to the shitty internet!! literally india is stuck in the 1900s, this is the first half decent internet cafe I have found all week!! I will start my story from where i left off (which was in Agra after seeing the taj!!)....

Having decided Agra was dirty and smelly and full of rabid dogs and cows....we took a morning bus to Jaipur which is meant to be the pink city or something. Bus journey was pretty uninteresting, we just got stared at a lot which im now getting used to. We arrived early evening and got straight to a hostel...had dinner on the rooftop, lovely food!! But i started to feel a little queasy from all this curry id been eating and decided to hit the hay...

the queasiness unfortunately did not subside and i spent the rest of the night sprawled out on the bathroom floor puking my guts up. there were literally chickpeas flying out me nostrils left right and centre. NOT COOL!!! Luckily though it was just a 12 hour bug and felt right as rain the next day, so Vicky and I hired a tuktuk driver to take us on a tour around Jaipur...

to be honest I wasnt that impressed. there were some lovely buildings, but all the buldings are just surrounded by rubbish or people taking a piss or a poo...it kind of spoils the picture really. There are also a lot of beggars everywhere...Vicky and I were not sat down for 2 minutes when about 10 women surrounded us with their children asking for money. One woman even shoved her baby into my hands at which point we gave her 50 rupees and she buggered off leaving the others very pissed off that we didnt pay them anything!!!

Sooo, after all this we decided it was time to move on to the next place Jaisalmer...in the hope for a little peace and quiet from this stressful city life!! We took a sleeper bus which looked quite comfortable, was a double bed at the top of the bus...however the ride was very very bumpy, and about half an hour in Vicky and I were desperate for a wee!! After much contemplation we decided that we may have to piss in a plastic bag...desperate measures!! But at the speed the bus was going we realised that this was near enough impossible without pissing all over the bed.....luckily the bus eventually stopped!! Vicky still managed to pee on her trousers and feet though as we had to crouch behind the back of a lorry surrounded by MORE wild dogs.......theyre everywhere!! Im scared one will bite me and I will become rabid!!

The rest of the bus journey was horrific...i awoke at 4am feeling like Rose Dewitt Bukator from Titanic in the scene where she is freezing to death in the Atlantic Ocean!! It was fecking freeeezing....I actually thought I was going to die from the cold. So Vicky and I huddled together to try and stay warm in the hope that the journey would soon be over. Who would have though India could actually be so cold??!! Wish Id packed thermals!!

At 9am finally arrived in Jaiselmer to be met by glorious sunshine!!! We went straight to our hostel which was in the middle of a fort and absolutely stunning. goodbye smelly skanky India....this is the India Id been looking for. Old castle like buildings, windy alley ways, quaint markets and beautiful beautiful SUNSHINE!!! We sat on the rooftop which over looked the city with a chai tea....I loved it immediately. The people, the atmosphere....I was finally begining to see India in all its beauty!!

I will update with what happened in Jaislemer in my next blog, followed by our long trek to mumbai...

About kittychumley


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.