Existing Member?

Chumleys tales across the globe

Homeless in Paris followed by smelly delhi and rabid dogs

INDIA | Friday, 16 December 2011 | Views [616]

Soooo after a long wait for me flight at heathrow finally boarded the plane for fair Pari on monday night. It was all dandy until I actually got there....forgot how much I hate Paris and how rude parisians can be (sorry frenchies!!)....After receiving very little help from anyone and the ridiculous hotel prices I decided to rough it in the airport.......HORRENDUS!!! The only place I was allowed to stay was a freezing cold lobby, full of weirdos trying to talk to me in french....there were a few other people sleeping there but they all had sleeping bags and pillows!! In the end I settled for sleeping on a radiator/metal pipe to try and keep warm, it was v. uncomfortable and I was extremely wary of all the strangers walking by.......however I survived, and at least now I know I can sleep anywhere if I really have to!!

The flight to Delhi wasnt too bad...I was sat between an African missionary and little tibetan woman who was practically the size of my thumb!! The missionary continued to pray for our safety which helped with my flying nerves (only a tad!!)...I finally arrived around 2 in the morning, with Vicky waiting for me (thank god!) with a driver to take us to our hostel. Our hostel was down a dark alley way and stank of piss and shit...plus there was about a hundred what looked like rabid dogs barking outside...oh and a cow!! I quickly dodged the dogs and cow and made me up to the room. Room smelt like a stable and the toilet was a squatters one....nooooo!!! However was pleased to find a bed!!


My day in Delhi was an interesting one. Never have I seen so much traffic....tuk tuks, cars, rickshaws, cows, dogs, people the list is endless!!! We found a rooftop cafe and had a pretty nice breaky then wandered the streets for a bit of a nose. Bought some budha pants/indian jewellry etc so now at least I look the part. In the evening went to an amazing roadside cafe and had thali which is basically loads of different veggie curries with rice and naan......the food is AMAZING, and I havnt had the shits YET!!!

Today we left for Agra to see the taj mahal. The train journey was hilar....the people in india are off the hizzle!!...Anyway the taj was STUNNING....so beautiful and I cant believe I was actually there. There wasnt much to see inside though!!


Anwyway thats it for now...ta raaa!!

About kittychumley


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.