Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 99 - Red Frog Beach

PANAMA | Sunday, 14 September 2014 | Views [264]

We decided to escape to Red Frog Beach on Isla Bastimentos in Bocas Del Toro to an Eco retreat - the Palmar Tent Island. With no wifi & the promise of powdery white sand Caribbean beaches we thought this was a far better and more beautiful option than Bocas town.

I wasn't having the greatest of mornings & it was made even better by a random local wandering over to me at the dock, telling me he was Jack Sparrow and trying to read my palm. He got as far as telling me there was no love in my life before Becky quickly moved him on. Needless to say I want going to be paying for that advice.

Arriving in our little piece of tropical paradise for a few days of glamping we settled into our dorm 'tent' and then hit the beach for a swim. Having heard there was an organic chocolate farm a short hike away we decided that would be a great way to spend the afternoon.

The directions we were given as to how to reach the farm were extremely vague & unhelpful. All we could really ascertain was that we were looking for an unsigned path to the left of the beach about halfway along. Traipsing through mud & literally bush bashing we ended up on someone's farm amidst a herd of goats. It was not the Chocolate farm though. After several more wrong turns it was already near 4pm so we decided to head back to the beach hoping to get better directions & try again tomorrow.

Joined in some candlelight pre/ dinner yoga by the beach & then sat around listening to the waves sipping mango coladas.

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Panama

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.