Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 98 - Bocas Del Toro

PANAMA | Thursday, 4 September 2014 | Views [253]

The day was already not off to a fantastic start. Barely slept a wink in the hammock because of people coming & going all through the night.

Got on the shuttle fine to exit Costa Rica and then encountered mucho problemas at the border. The immigration official wouldn't accept my bus ticket as proof of leaving & told me I needed to pay for a plane ticket to Australia. After two hours, faking airline tickets on a laptop in a small tienda at the border where a Panama police officer proposed marriage to me I had to pay a few bribes & I finally got my stamp.

Waited another couple of hours until I scored a lift with two Austrian guys to the port for the boat to Bocas Del Toro.

Arrived and settled in at Casa verde round 3pm, hired a bike & spent the rest of the day exploring the beaches 5-10kms out of town. Found Lindy in my travels & went to this awesome smoothie bus - 'Bocas Blended' for some hydration.

Found Becky on our way back to the hostel, grabbed dinner and then chilled in the hammocks on the pier of our hostel. A great end to a day that didn't start out too well :)

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Panama

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.