Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 91 - El Gigante

NICARAGUA | Sunday, 31 August 2014 | Views [194]

It was still bucketing down outside. Lindy headed off early to Costa Rica but I stayed around having decided to travel to San Juan Del Sur with some of the guys from the hostel.

While doing a bit of research I found a cool bunkhouse at this tiny surf town called El Gigante and thought that seemed like a better option for a beach chill out than San Juan. Yusuf and I decided we would head there instead.

Despite a lengthy negotiation with a cabbie to get 35kms along the remote pacific coast for under $20 usd we managed to get to Dales Cool Places to Stay in El Gigante. We had found the perfect piece of paradise on the Pacific.

We swam and them watched the sunset with some South African guys from our place then settled down for a drink with Dale.

Dale Dagger (Cowatch) makes this place. A retired professional soul surfer and sailor Dale got shipwrecked on the Nicaraguan coast in the 70s and basically never left. We sat around for hours chatting, laughing and drinking. Since everything had closed by the time we sought dinner Dale ended up cooking us dinner as well!

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Nicaragua

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.